About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Friday, July 30, 2010

sounds I love to hear

Here I am, my last full day in Georgia with my nieces.
What is that I hear?
The sounds of squealing laughter from 4 girls playing creatively. I love that sound.
What other sounds have I enjoyed this week?
A band playing "La Bamba" at an awesome mexican restaurant. Alli and I looked at each other and smiled at the memory of her and Daddy doing a duet.
The sound of splashing and someone screaming "my flip flooooooop....get my flip flooooop! It's floating awayyyyy!" As the girls played in the "crick" and pretended to be "noodlin" (for those of you who are not familiar with this pastime, it is the process by which individuals dive into murky water and catch humongous catfish with their bare hands by letting the fish chomp down on their limbs!
The sound of splashing into a pool.
The sound of my sister in law flipping pages as she has devoured almost 3 of the twilight books this week alone!
The sound of contented moans as my husband and children bite into their chick fil-a sandwiches, one of their favorite foods.
The sound of great tunes bellowing out of the stereo, while mild arguments erupt between Timm, his brother, and I about whether one can classify certain tunes as "folk" "Country" "Pop" etc. All the while enjoying a few adult beverages and our shared love for music.
The sound of our kids eagerly talking above each other after church to tell us all about the stories, dances, and lessons they took part in.
The sound of the a/c gently filling the house with air that sustains activities such as.... breathing, walking around, etc. Because, trying to do these activities outside could present serious health risks at temps over 100.
The sound of Timm's voice as he calls from Grand Rapids and fills me in on some of the awesome experiences God is placing in his life this week.
OK, tomorrow we pack up and head out to NC. Happy to be visiting my bud and her family!
More sounds to enjoy!
And, after that, I will enjoy the sound of returning HOME. Traffic, horns honking, playgrounds packed with children laughing and screaming, dogs barking, birds chirping, people from every walk of life passing by me on the sidewalk speaking in their native tongue, or cursing loudly as if there are not others present, talking on their cell phones, or maybe even yelling out at me and inquiring whether I am planning to burn in hell or would like to accept Jesus as my savior instead. And every other sound inbetween! Home sweet home.
God has blessed me with an unbelievable summer. Truly unbelievable. We are enjoying each moment.

1 comment:

K said...

am so jealous of all your experiences and very happy to think of the time the girlies all had together!