About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Parents in NYC

Times Square.
Ellis Island. Holding the manifest from the ship Grandpa Carlson came over on.
The Today show.
Ferry to Ellis Island.
Sunday morning. A few worn out people sleeping in. Me wishing I was, but the sunny skies and chirping birds lured me out of bed. Soon, we will get ready to go to church. For now....rest!
What a FUN visit we are having with my parents!
I know my sister can't stand it that I haven't posted pictures yet. So, I'm including a few.
We have done a LOT. I made a list of things we could do, and I believe we have scratched off about 80% of the LONG list!
Today show, central park, statue of liberty, ellis island, times square, grand central station, downtown Brooklyn, prospect park, coney island and the beach, IKEA, etc.
Timm and Dad even ended up at a LGBT celebration/festival when they went on a bike ride! Don't know what that is? Neither did they till they looked around with somewhat puzzled looks on their faces. (Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender).
We did some other things, but that names a few.
Not sure what we will do today. But, mom and dad definitely win the BEST weather award for their visit. My sister and her family were here on the coldest week, Gerdy's came on the hottest week, others had some really good weather, but this has seriously been perfect.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

papa and Allison have matching smiles. We were yelling and shouting at the TV when you guys were on. OOOH if only I have dvr I would watch you guys over and over.

They had such a marvolous time with you.
So glad they got the good weather, I am sure it helped with the outings.
Our time was perfect!!! but we hope for a few more degrees in the future. tmp