About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Baby


My baby girl is growing up.
She traveled to the other side of the world, with a servant's heart, taking it all in stride. She told me that she heard others complaining about some of the things while she was away, and she looked at me with her brow furrowed and her shoulder slightly shrugged and said "You're in India. If you want things to be like they are in the U.S....stay in the U.S. "
Timm reported that he received compliments on Alli's maturity level and her heart.
That makes me proud.
I can't write a lot about their trip. I wasn't there. I didn't experience it. I am just feeling blessed beyond measure that OTHERS supported our family in order to send them on this trip. It overwhelms me.
If you haven't already seen it, click here to see a video Craig put together that has some highlights from their week. Also, you can click here to see the website for Impact India 360.
Today, the fact that we are in FULL swing of adolescence really hit me. Alli woke up today and did NOT want to go to school. She ended up getting a bit teary as she hugged me this morning, stating "I don't want to go. I just want to be home with you, Mom. I don't see you enough. I miss you when I'm gone all day long....etc". I realize she loves me, and she is suffering from jet lag! But, it is funny that this is the same girl who, two weeks ago, politely asked me to refrain from chaperoning the school dance because "you are always at everything Mom. I'd like to do this one thing without you if that's OK?"
First of all, it's a good thing she knows how to communicate lovingly to me. Otherwise, my feelings could be hurt. Second, it's a good thing I'm not an overly sensitive person, or my feelings could be hurt. Truth is, I know she will want to be with me less and that is normal. But, I am LOVING the fact that she is all snuggly and lovey this week after being away from me for 10 days. I'm loving every second of it. Last night, instead of doing what I could have done (clean, do dishes, etc) I asked if she wanted to snuggle up in my bed and watch something (because that is what she likes to do). Ahhh, she just wanted to snuggle...with ME.
Here we go...adolescence. We have one girl in the thick of it and one girl entering. (By the way, our second one is making a bit more of a splash with her entry, whereas Alli seemed to wade in fairly smoothly - so we shall see!). I remember a few years ago, Timm realizing with horror that there would be a strong likelihood he would end up living in a tiny shoebox with two daughters going through adolescence, while at the same time, a wife entering menopausal years. His nightmare is coming true.....

3 comments:

KT said...

She's an amazing young lady. I am still BLOWN away by the true life of her growing up so fast. I truly remember the day she was born like it was 3 weeks ago. Going to the hospital much too fast, and then holding this amazing little creature who is turning into a young lady. It's UNREAL. She's a great kid and that's a tribute to her parents. LUV.

Anonymous said...

I second that comment!

sandra k said...

Char its Sandra not anonymous