About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Olivia's poem

I wanted to share a few words form Olivia. When we were saying goodbye to Grandma, Olivia left the room and when she came back in, she had a pen and paper. She sat at the foot of Grandma's bed, and she wrote:

Grandparents love you

With 42 years of marriage
I'd like to see you in a carriage
riding down an isle of roses
making laughter and striking poses

You are the granparents I always wanted
sometimes we even flaunted
when we look at the sky, it is so bright
that's because it's heaven's lights!
that's where you'll be grandmother dear.
but do be aware, there is nothing to fear
You'll have Jesus Christ all day
just remember that it's OK
someday we will be up there
with the friends that you made
all the friends that greet you everyday
just remember that every granparent out there
love their grandchild in a different way
but I especially love the way you do it grandma.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia, you are such a super specail young lady.
I am thankful for your creativity and your sensitivity. Great work on the wonderful poem about Grandma Kelly.
Love aunt Theresa

Anonymous said...

Olivia, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Wish we could all look thru your eyes and remember
love is a gift to recibve and to give. love you aunt mary ann