About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Time flies

Geez, I thought I had SOOO much free time this week. And I do. But, it is flying by so fast.
The girls are doing a theater camp all week. This is the first time in parenthood that I have been home without my kids for a whole week. They are gone for 6 hours a day!
Oh, the dreams and plans I had for all of my free time. Well, I got the laundry done and the grocery shopping done and the other basics of day to day life. Just went on a 2 hour bike ride (and hit a few garage sales). But, I don't seem to be getting any more ahead of myself than any other week. Oh well. Accomplishing things is over rated. How about just enjoying the rest?
And that is exaclty what I did yesterday.
Timm and I dropped the kids off at the theater, then we headed to the golf course. I was so thrilled that Timm found a deal for us to golf super cheap! So, for five hours, we enjoyed being outdoors and chasing a little white ball around the grassy hills and valleys of a local golf course. It was great. We don't do that very often. In fact, we realized that we never even made it out to golf together last year at all. And to make things even better, I golfed the best 9 holes EVAR! And Timm did pretty well also. That definately makes it more fun.
So, people give me a hard time when I don't blog all week. I couldn't let my week of WIDE OPEN FREE TIME go by without checking in.
And tonight, I am going to DTE (which will always be Pine Knob to me) with 4 teenagers to see one of my favorite bands, Newsboys, along with Superchick and DecembeRain. These tics were only $5 - including parking! Whoop-Whoop! That's my price tag for fun! Plus, I get to hang out with some of my favorite peeps - my niece and nephews! Thank you to my sista.
Have I mentioned lately that my life is good? God is so good to me, it's ridiculous.

3 comments:

T$ said...

The greatest golf outing I've had in two years! And not because of the score, but because I golfed with a superstar....:)

K said...

I think Superchick is my new favorite band.

Anonymous said...

Whoop~Whoop!! I bet you were SuperStar Rock Char all evening long. Jammin to the News Boys like you were one of the teenagers. What an excellent Aunt Char. YOU are the Best Sista!