About Me

I'm not really a superstar, except maybe to my husband, who I happen to be deeply in love with. My life: following Jesus, learning to live and love like Him. He is in the driver's seat, and I am on an adventure.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Everything must GO!




I think today is the big day. I'm actually planning to list something on Craig's list. I have been purging my stuff for about 6 months now. But, after donating loads and loads and loads to various charities, I am left with some bigger items that I would like to either sell or give to family or friends.
I've been a little stumped on how to get going with this process. We're realizing that it is very likely we will not be able to take any of our current furnishings with us when we move to our cozy little apartment. None. OK, so we could get a few bucks for some things so that we have a little bit of cash to acquire some tiny furnishings that fit into a small space. However, what do I sell? We are still living in this house, eating at our dining room table, sleeping in our beds, etc. And we may need our garage stuff if we are still here in the summer. And, we are trying to sell this house. So, we figure it looks more appealing to a prospective buyer to look at a home that is comfortably furnished, rather than an empty space. I guess that leaves us with one option. Wait until the house sells, then get rid of EVERYTHING. Well, that gives me a few heart palpatations. Just thinking about liquidating EVERYTHING we have in less than 30 days while moving. But, I guess that is what a moving sale is all about, aye?
However, I have been looking around the house, searching for possible items that we really do not need. Today I have come up with three. Anyone interested in a children's table and chairs? A poker table? An entertainment center with storage?
By the way, I might add that the following items have already been claimed: Olivia's trundle bed, Olivia's dressers, jogging stroller, Bike cart for kids, the piano, the ping pong table. And items that have sparked possible interest from family and friends include: dinding room set, Olivia's desk and chair, stereo in our basement, snowblower, lawn mower, Jeep, Motorhome, computer. So, as I have told you all in the past, start thinking about what you have seen around our home. If you think you might like to acquire one of our belongings, let me know and I'll get you on the list!!! You know I have a list! Anyone who knows me knows that I have a LIST! Many items will go for free, the rest will go for a nominal fee, just so that we canwalk away with enough cash to furnish 2-3 rooms in our new dwelling.

3 comments:

Sonyia said...

SUPER Big step! Way to go starting with Craigslist!!

Superstar said...

I just had to comment. I listed these three items on craig's list at about 5pm today. I already have 4 people interested in the poker table, two interested in the children's set, and one interested in the entertainment center. It's only 9pm. SWEET!

Morgan's Mom said...

I just bought Morgan a table and chairs for Easter DARN IT! I would have totally given you money instead of buying a new set!
I have a cousin who just moved into his own place let me know if you getting rid of your couch or chairs or any other household items.